Reporting Urgent Matters to the Police/Fire Department


Dial 110 (hyaku touban)

If you are involved in an incident or accident, or if you see or hear anything requiring police attention, please call 110. Calls made to 110 in English are immediately connected to an English-speaking third party to enable a three-way conversation. You can make your call without having to worry about misunderstandings!


For Fire or Ambulance dial 119

If you don’t speak Japanese, just speak in English. Takasaki and Districts Joint Command and Control Center will connect your call immediately to an interpreter to enable a three-way conversation.

Languages covered: English, Chinese, Korean, Portuguese and Spanish.