The Takasaki International Relations Society works with people from around the world to create a peaceful and fair society by providing opportunities for people of different languages, cultures and customs to come together, exchange information and knowledge, and better understand one another.
- 2018-07-28Where to go if you get sick on a Sunday or public holiday (Kyujitsu Toban-i)
- 2018-07-31August 2018 English Newsletter out now
- 2018-07-31Japanese Classes for Foreigners
- 2018-07-31Members’ Bus Tour to Asian Rural Institute in Nasu-Shiobara, Tochigi
- 2018-06-29Preventing Heat Stroke
- 2018-07-31Daycare for Sick/Recovering Children
- 2018-06-26Become a Member of the Takasaki International Relations Society
- 2018-06-29Upcoming International Events
- 2018-06-29Takasaki Outdoor Pools are Open!
- 2018-05-28Recruitment of Volunteer Japanese Teachers
Junior International Club Activities
Members of the Junior International Club enjoyed listening to guests from Canada, the United States, France and England talk about their lives on Sunday 17th June 2018, at Socius. Afterwards they baked cookies and enjoyed international exchange.
Cool Takasaki-French Homestyle Cooking
Due to the success of last year’s class, the French Homestyle Cooking class taught by local baker Baptiste Vogenstahl was held again on 13th May 2018 at the Chuo Kominkan. Twenty participants learned how to prepare quiche, cake sale and amaretti.
International Family Gathering
39 people from 13 families came to Kannonyama Camp Park Join Us on 13th May for our International Family Gathering. Despite the rain, participants enjoyed indoor activities including table tennis, origami, and traditional Japanese children’s games.
JIC End of Year Party
Members of the Junior International Club got together for one last event of the year on Sunday 28th March, at Socius. Foreign and Japanese guests spoke about their experiences, and everyone had a chance to speak about what they enjoyed best over the year.