The Takasaki International Relations Society works with people from around the world to create a peaceful and fair society by providing opportunities for people of different languages, cultures and customs to come together, exchange information and knowledge, and better understand one another.
- 2017-11-01November 2017 English Newsletter out now
- 2017-10-28Where to go if you get sick on a Sunday or public holiday (Kyujitsu Toban-i)
- 2017-10-28Cool Takasaki – Tea Ceremony
- 2017-10-31Takasaki International Festival 2017
- 2017-10-28Volunteer at the International Festival
- 2017-10-27Winter Japanese Classes
- 2017-09-28Information for Families with Children
- 2017-09-28Human Rights Hotline
- 2017-09-27Japanese newsletter “Tomodachi” out now
- 2017-06-01Like us on Facebook!
Gunma Cup Cricket
Teams from Gunma, Aichi, Chiba, etc. attended the Gunma Cup Cricket Tournament in Takasaki on Sunday 20th August. The International Relations Society gave out free cool drinks and held a mini cricket lesson.
Cool Takasaki – Wagashi
On Saturday 22nd July at Socius, 12 residents enjoyed making gorgeous Japanese sweets with master confectioner Kei Miyazawa from Misyoan (Kenzaki-machi). Thanks so much Miyazawa-san!!
Cool Takasaki – French Cooking
On Monday 29th May, 20 participants enjoyed preparing and eating the French dishes quiche, cake sale and amaretti with local baker Baptiste Vogenstahl in our very first Cool Takasaki event.
International Family Party
On Sunday 18th June, 62 people from 23 families with 15 different nationalities came together at Jankenpon in Kanaibuchi-machi to get to know one another and learn about raising multi-lingual children.