- 2021 Disaster Response Drill for Foreign Residents
- COVID-19 Vaccinations for pregnant women
- STATE OF EMERGENCY IN GUNMA (Until 30th September)
- Getting COVID-19 vaccination if you are on provisional release (“karihomen”)
- Alert level 4 and INTENSIVE PREVENTATIVE MEASURES in place due to the spread of COVID-19
COVID-19 Vaccinations for pregnant women
COVID-19 vaccination is also recommended for people who are pregnant
【Do I need to get vaccinated?】
While you are pregnant, especially in the later stages of pregnancy (8th-month of pregnancy to delivery), you are more vulnerable to developing severe illness with COVID-19 when infected. Source: Japan Society of Obstetrics and Gynecology, (2nd Version) Safety of Receiving an mRNA COVID-19 Vaccine During Pregnancy
【The Safety and effectiveness of COVID-19 vaccination during pregnancy】
Outcomes of the COVID-19 vaccinations administered to pregnant people outside of Japan revealed two things:
- COVID-19 vaccine would help protect pregnant people and babies against COVID-19.
- Vaccinations reduce the risk of developing severe illness from COVID-19-related complications. Source: COVID-19 Q&A compiled by the Japanese Ministry of Health, Labor, and Welfare Ministry
People who are currently pregnant can get vaccinated against COVID-19, regardless of what months’ they are pregnant. Think about receiving a vaccine!
Gunma Medical Association Gunma Prefecture
If you want to know more about the Pfizer/Moderna vaccines for COVID-19, visit the Health Ministry’s website. The information is available in 17 languages. To learn about how to make your COVID-19 vaccine appointments, contact your local municipality (city/town/village hall) that is printed on your vaccination coupons (sesshu-ken).