Avoiding Heatstroke Under the New Normal
Preventing Covid-19 by wearing a mask while also trying to avoid heatstroke is difficult. Here are some tips from the Ministry of Health, Welfare & Labour.
- Avoid heat when and where you can (use air conditioners, fans, dress in cool clothing, etc.)
- Unmask from time to time when it is safe to do so by maintaining 2 meters between you and people around you.
- Keep hydrated by drinking water throughout the day, even when not thirsty.
- Monitor your daily health and stay home when you don’t feel well.
- Exercise to keep in shape while adjusting to the summer heat.
Elderly people, children, and those with special needs are more vulnerable to heatstroke. Look out for the people around you as well as yourself!