Novel Coronavirus COVID-19
What is the Coronavirus?
COVID-19 was discovered in China in December 2019, and is an infectious virus that affects the respiratory system. It causes coughing, fevers and pneumonia. It is transmitted through coughing/sneezing and direct contact with contaminated surfaces. There are currently 14 cases in Gunma.
- Cold symptoms and/or a fever above 37.5℃ which lasts for 4 days or more (2 days or more for the elderly or those with preexisting health conditions)
- Heavy physical fatigue or trouble breathing
If you have these symptoms…
If you suspect you have coronavirus, especially if you have recently returned from overseas or been in contact with someone who has, please call one of the consultation centers below for information about medical facilities that can treat you. Do not go directly to a clinic or hospital without calling first! Once told to do so, wear a mask and make your way to the medical facility using private transport.
Preventing the Spread of COVID-19
- Don’t go to work or school if you have a cold or fever
- Wear a mask, especially if you have a cough or sneezing, and maintain good hygiene when disposing of it
- Cough or sneeze into a tissue or the crook of your arm, and throw it away immediately
- Wash hands thoroughly and regularly, especially before and after eating, using the bathroom and coming in from outside
- Use an alcohol-based disinfectant to wipe down surfaces like benches, door knobs, etc.
- Avoid visiting crowded areas and maintain a distance of 1.5m from people around you as much as possible
- Keep rooms well ventilated and maintain a healthy lifestyle
Japan Visitor Hotline (website has info in English)
Provides assistance in case of accidents and emergencies, including about COVID-19. Support is available in English, Chinese, and Korean.
TEL: 050-3816-2787 (24hrs/day, 365 days/year)
Takasaki City Public Health Center (Japanese only)
Information in Japanese only about the virus and relevant medical institutions.
TEL: 027-381-6112 (Mon-Fri, 8:30am-5:15pm)
More Information about Coronavirus (Easy Japanese, English & other languages)