Take Care during Influenza Season
What is Influenza?
- A viral infection causing a fever, headaches, muscle aches, cough, sore throat, lethargy, etc.
- Takes more than one week to recover, and is generally worse than the common cold.
- Children, the elderly, and people with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable and can face complications.
How can I lessen my chances of getting it?
- Get immunized. Consult your doctor for more information about timing and doses.
- Avoid crowds, and wash hands/rinse mouth after coming in from outside.
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle (diet, sleep, exercise).
What if I think I have influenza?
- Contact your doctor in advance and arrange an appointment to confirm if you have the virus.
- Ask about the law in relation to influenza infection. You may be required to take a certain number of days off work/school.
- Wear a mask and try to stay away from others. Use tissues when you cough or sneeze, and wash hands regularly.